School of Mathematical Sciences
PhD Opportunities | Mathematical Sciences
For Prospective Research Students
The School of Mathematical Sciences welcomes enquiries from prospective research students.
Prospective students should look at Staff Research Interests to get an idea of which academic staff might be suitable supervisors. They are encouraged to contact these directly. Before an application to become a postgraduate student can be made, the potential student must obtain the agreement of a staff member to act as a supervisor. A description of the proposed research project is also required.
More details of the application procedure can be found at How to apply to DCU .
Research Scholarships and Grants
- The Irish Research Council has postgraduate funding schemes.
- DCU's Graduate Studies Office has information on scholarships & grants for postgraduate students
- Research students should be able to explain their subject to others, and each full-time student in the School must give tutorials or individual tuition in the Maths Learning Centre. The School makes a payment to students for this work.
- Please visit our Faculty webpage for a list of prospective PhD projects within the School of Mathematical Sciences.
- Visit our DCU Graduate Studies Office
- The International Office has information about studying in Ireland, including making an application, tuition fees, and life in DCU and Dublin.