Irish Quantum Foundations 2018
All Hallows Campus, Dublin City University, 28-29 May 2018
The IQF meetings aim to present the current year's most exciting developments in any research area broadly related to quantum foundations, both internationally and within Ireland. It is not unusual for the meeting also to cover topics more broadly in theoretical and experimental physics, especially when doing so gives newly arrived and early career researchers a chance to present themselves to the Irish physics community.
This year, the event will be jointly hosted by the DCU School of Mathematical Sciences and the Centre for Astrophysics and Relativity (CfAR) at Dublin City University. The meeting will run from 28th to 29th of May 2018, and will consist of two days of talks along with two public talks and conference dinner. The annual DIAS O’Raifeartaigh Lecture will take place as part of the programme.
To register for IQF 2018, please click here. There is no registration fee and all are welcome; however, registration is essential for catering purposes.
There will be two very special public lectures, one by renowned theoretical physicist and popular blogger Dr. Sabine Hossenfelder, and the other by Nobel Laureate Prof. Duncan Haldane. Both talks will be held on the evening of Monday 28th May. The event is free to attend, but requires registration. This event is suitable for a general audience interested in Theoretical Physics.
- 18 May 2018 Abstract submission deadline
- 23 May 2018 Registration deadline
- 28 May 2018 Public talks
- 28 May 2018 Conference dinner
- 28 - 29 May 2018 Conference talks
- The School of Mathematical Sciences and CfAR at Dublin City University
- The School of Theoretical Physics at the Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies
- The Department of Mathematical Physics at Maynooth University
- The Hamilton Mathematics Institute at Trinity College Dublin
- The School of Mathematics and Statistics at University College Dublin