Office Functions for Institutional Research
Institutional Research and Analysis Office assists the University by gathering and analysing information and evidence for use in university-wide academic and administrative decision making and assessment activities. Our office provides a comprehensive range of services relating to strategic data management and planning for the University. Our office coordinates, analyses and reports diverse and complex information to inform decision making across the University and its various Departments.
For more information on University Data please contact Dr. Jing Burgi-Tian: email@example.com
Key functions include:
- Provision of analysis and reporting to inform and support an evidence-based approach to university planning, decision making and quality enhancement.
- Design, analysis and reporting on institution-wide student feedback surveys.
- Co-ordinating the implementation and monitoring of Key Performance Indicators at institutional level.
- Analysis of the external environment, including benchmarking activities.
- Supporting the implementation of Business Intelligence Systems to deliver user-friendly reporting across the university.
- Supporting the completion, submission and analysis of data to the the Higher Education Authority (HEA) and other Government Agencies
The Irish Survey of Student Engagement (ISSE)
The Irish Survey of Student Engagement is a national survey that asks students about their experiences of higher education. The survey is aimed at first year and final year undergraduate students aswell as all postgraduate taught students and is conducted each year. The Institutional and Research Offices provides analysis of the data and University, Faculty, School and Programme level.
Key Performance Indicators
The Institutional Research Office is responsible for the analysis of data on undergraduate entry profiles aswell as performance and progression of the student cohort.