DCU has become the world’s first designated autism-friendly university. We are committed to supporting and celebrating our students and staff who are on the autism spectrum. We are adapting the environment, raising awareness and acceptance, and building initiatives to make it as easy as possible for autistic community members to participate fully in all aspects of university life.
Principles of our Autism-Friendly University
1. Encourage and enable students to transition into and participate in university programmes.
2. Support and build capacity to equip students with Autism to meet academic challenges of everyday university life.
3. Support and build capacity to equip students with Autism to meet social challenges of everyday university life.
4. Seek to establish an Autism friendly operational environment.
5. Seek to combat the stigma around autism and recognise the diverse experience of those with the condition.
6. Develop understanding and relevant knowledge and skills within the University community.
7. Establish channels so that students with Autism can have a voice in various aspects of university life.
8. Increase employability of graduates with Autism.
For more information, please contact Fiona Earley, Autism-Friendly University Coordinator:
T: +353 1 700 6395
AG00 Albert College Building