Student Grievance Procedure
Should you encounter difficulties during your academic studies at DCU, you are advised to follow the official Student Complaints Procedure to deal with this in an appropriate manner. Please see the below link for further information on the Students Complaints & Grievance Procedure:
The Student Grievance Procedure provides a comprehensive method for the resolution of grievances. Issues raised under it will be processed in accordance with the principles of full consultation during the process and in accordance with the general principles of natural justice and fair procedures.
This procedure must be followed when submitting a grievance about any aspect of academic processes and procedures, administrative or student support services provided by the university but does not cover the following categories:
- Grievances related to personal harassment or bullying, involving a member of DCU staff
- Appeals of grades for examinations or assessments
- Grievances about the Students’ Union
- Appeals against decisions taken by the Disciplinary Committee
- Grievances related to Campus Companies
For more information, please read through the full procedures prior to submitting a grievance.