Summer Abroad

Each year thousands of third-level students travel abroad to work, volunteer, or experience life in a different country for the summer months. Many stay close to home and travel and work in many of the European countries, especially if they are studying languages. However many take up the option of working and living in the United States on a J1 Visa or Volunteering in a third-world country. The J1 Visa is available to all Irish third-level students who are studying for an undergraduate degree. You must be in possession of a valid passport and you must be available for an interview with the US Embassy between February and May in the year of travel. Regulations for J1 Visas changed in 2015 and students must have secured a job before they enter the USA. For more information about travelling to the US, Europe or volunteering, go to:

Travel to US

J1 Online



Travel to Europe






Go Back