PRINCE2 2017 Foundation Course and Certification
Course Code: DCU107
This session is now full and there is a waiting list in place. If you would like to be placed on the waiting list please choose the "waiting list" option in Core. All registrations on the waiting list will automatically be offered a place if we receive a cancellation for this session or on the next scheduled session.
PRINCE2 2017® is the most up-to-date version of the well-established project management methodology used in business and government. It is a proven best practice model that helps ensure project delivery is on time, on budget, of high quality and meets customer requirements. The PRINCE2 2017® Foundation Course and Certification is a three-day intensive, instructor-led course designed to teach participants the fundamental building blocks of the PRINCE2 2017® approach and to thoroughly prepare them for the Foundation Certificate exam.
The training approach includes presentations, facilitated discussion, feedback and learning reviews with worked examples, mock exams and exam preparation. The classes are intentionally kept small to ensure the maximum tutor / participant interaction. The exam, which takes place online is a one hour multiple choice, closed-book examination with 60 questions. The pass-mark is 55%. Successful participants will be provided with PRINCE2 2017® Certification and will appear on the Successful Candidate Register. Soft-copy pre-course study material will be made available in advance of attendance at the course.
Who Should Attend?
This course is aimed at:
- project managers who wish to build on their practical experience of project management by acquiring a world-wide recognised qualification;
- project managers who have joined an organisation or project that uses PRINCE2 2017® as the preferred methodology;
- members of teams that use PRINCE2 2017® as the preferred methodology;
- other stakeholders and project support staff, who are not direct members of the team but who are expected to partake in a PRINCE2 2017® project and;
- those who simply would like to know more about this widely used and recognised methodology.
On the completion of this course, participants will:
- Understand key aspects of the PRINCE2 2017® methodology;
- Be able to effectively control the start, progress and closure of a project;
- Understand how to deliver projects on time, within budget and to the specified business case, within the PRINCE2 2017® environment;
- Integrate PRINCE2 2017® principles and themes into a project;
- Understand how to tailor PRINCE2 2017®;
- Be able to apply the planning PRINCE2 2017® processes;
- Be able to manage project progress.
- The PRINCE2 2017® Foundation workshop will cover:
- Introduction to PRINCE2 2017® & Project Management
- The Tailoring of PRINCE2 2017®
- Understand the PRINCE2 2017® Project Management Team Roles & Responsibilities
- Methodology & Project Management Structure
- The Principles of PRINCE2 2017®
- The Themes of PRINCE2 2017®
- The Processes of PRINCE2 2017®
Participants will a pre-course, 55-page manual that contains the essentials of PRINCE2 2017® an extensive course workbook of over 200 pages of real project examples, rules of thumb, learning games and reminders which will assist in preparation for the PRINCE2 2017® exam and remain a useful resource in your work environment.
Also the Axelos book, Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2 2017®
There are no pre-requisites for this course other than an interest in project management. We recommend all participants, regardless of their experience, take advantage of our pre-course study materials.
The PRINCE2 2017® Foundation Certificate Exam is held online in camera after the exam. This is a one hour multiple choice closed-book examination with 60 questions. Participants must achieve a 55% score to pass. You will receive a Certificate from Axelos/PeopleCert on successful completion of the exam.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR THIS COURSE
1. Log in to your Core HR portal
2. Click the Learning and Development tab
3. Type DCU107 into the Keywords search field and click Search.