National recognition for Faculty ‘Teaching Heroes’
The Teaching Hero Awards organised by the National Forum in collaboration with the Union of Students in Ireland, is a unique event where students nominate lecturers for their outstanding teaching in higher education institutions.
The awards are entirely based on student nominations which is testament to the genuine connection between our staff and students across our schools in DCU’s Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences.
Teaching Hero Award Winners 2021
Congratulations to this year’s "Teaching Heroes" for making a difference in the lives of our students:
- Aisling de Paor, School of Law and Government
- Caitriona Dowd, School of Law and Government
- Catherine Connolly, School of Law and Government
- Ellen Howley, School of English
- Martin G Molony, School of Communications
- Michael Hinds, School of English
- Sophie Doherty, School of Law and Government
- Walt Kilroy, School of Law and Government
- Yvonne Daly, School of Law and Government
Thank you to our students!
Sincere thanks to all of our students who took the time to submit a short personal piece (150 words) to achieve national recognition for their teaching hero.