Registration 2017 - 2018 FAQs
Please note: it is the students responsibility to ensure they are correctly registered for their Qualification AND Modules.
Further information and solutions to common issues are set out below:
- Useful Contacts
- How do I register online?
- Issues with online registration / Error messages
- Registration Schedule
- Confirmation of Module Choices
- Student ID Card Collection
- Unable to register, including Late Registration Fee
- Student fees not appearing correctly
Some useful contacts for various queries are listed below:
Student Support / Advice
Fees (Finance Office)
Non-EU Fee Assessments
ISS – Information Systems & Services
In order to ensure the highest level of performance when using the online registration option, the Information Systems and Services (ISS) Department recommend that you use the following configuration:
§ Broadband Internet connection
§ Web Browser – Microsoft Internet Explorer version 6.0 or higher
§ Windows 2000 operating system or a more recent version
§ Please also ensure that “Pop-Up’s” are not blocked by your web browser.
The Information Systems and Services Department (ISS) cannot guarantee that other browsers or connection speeds will deliver the level or service required to use the online registration option.
All new incoming students and continuing students must register online with their username and password for their programme of study and their modules via the following link - https://www4.dcu.ie/student-registration.shtml.
New students will find this login information on their welcome letter / email which will be sent out prior to online registration. If you have not received this by 1st September please contact Registry
Continuing students will use the same login details from the previous academic year. If you cannot remember your login details please contact the ISS Helpdesk at +353-1-7005007 https://iss.servicedesk.dcu.ie/
For further information on the registration process, on the following webpage please click on the category of student relevant to you- http://www.dcu.ie/registry/registration.shtml
I'm having problems logging on to online registration what can I do?
Common solutions to online registration issues for students are:
- Username and password prompt doesn't appear. When logging in as a new student please ensure to use the correct link - https://www4.dcu.ie/student-registration.shtml
- Username not recognised :Please note the username and password are case sensitive (lower case) compiled of the first few characters of your surname and your first intial (eg. Irene O'Reilly = oreillyi) A common error is students with names beginning with 'i' entering the number '1'.
- Is there an error message displayed when you enter your username and password? If so please contact the ISS helpdesk at +353-1-7005007 https://iss.servicedesk.dcu.ie/ with details of the error message.
- Is there an error message displayed when you click 'I Accept' on the university rules and regulations. If so please contact the Registry at https://dcuregistry.desk.com/customer/portal/emails/new with your student number and details of the error message.
- Is there a mismatch between the modules displayed on your Registration Schedule (Document with list of modules for your programme of study - see next section for details) and the 'Subject Selection' Registration page? If so please contact the Registry office at the contact details above with details of the error message.
- When you choose your modules and confirm your selection, is there an error displayed confirming you have not chosen enough credits. If so please review your module choices against the 'Registration Schedule'. If you have chosen the correct number of modules and the error is still displaying please contact the Registry with details of the error message.
- Error message is displaying - 'No subjects are currently loaded for registration. Either you have completed your registration or not qualification registration has taken place'. You are most likely getting this error message as you did not click 'I accept' at the bottom of the Rules and Regulations screen. Please return to Step 5 of the process and click 'I Accept' before proceeding to the next step.
- I have transferred programme and some of the modules are not appearing on the online registration system. If you have already successfully completed some modules in your previous programme, these will not display for you online and you may be entitled to exemptions. Please contact your Programme Chairperson to get confirmation of these exemptions and forward this by email to Registry to be registered for your new programme of study.
On logging in with your username and password, you will initially be directed to a registration schedule which is the list of modules available for your programme of study (qualification) for the academic year 2017/2018. Please read this carefully, making a note of any optional modules you wish to take (where a choice exists), then proceed to the online registration process.
Choosing Optional Modules :
Please check your registration schedule for your module choices before confirming your registration. Please ensure you register for the correct number of credits in each Semester.
Graduate Training Element Registration (Postgraduate Research students only)
Supervisor approval is mandatory in order to register for Graduate Training Elements. It is the responsibility of supervisors and research students to agree in advance of registration what Graduate Training Elements a research student can register for in any given year. Further information on Graduate Training is available from the Graduate Research website at http://www.dcu.ie/research/graduate_research/training.shtml.
How do I know if I have registered correctly?
On Step 7 of the process you can view your Confirmation of Module Choices. You will know you are correctly registered when you see your current academic year of study and your modules. If your modules are not displaying, then you have not clicked 'I Accept' at Step 5 of Rules and Regulations so be sure to go back and do this.
How can I change my modules / correct my registration for optional modules?
Students can change their optional modules free of charge through the following link www.dcu.ie/studentapps under 'My Details' for Semester 1 (of academic year 2017/2018) modules between Monday 25th and Friday 29th September 2017. Any changes to modules after these dates are subject to approval and will incur late fees.
I can't see my modules on Loop / Moodle. How can I fix this?
Check if you are registered correctly on Step 7 of the online registration process. You should raise the query with your lecturer to see if the module content is available.If your registration is not displaying correctly, please contact Registry to raise the question advising which modules are missing and including the module codes e.g. all, optional, BE151.
1. Where and when do I collect my student ID card?
Undergraduate students - For information on student ID card collection and what you need to bring with you please click HERE
Postgraduate students - For information on student ID card collection and what you need to bring with you please click HERE
2. What ID can I use to collect my student ID card?
These are the only accepted forms of ID -
- Current valid passport (from country of citizenship) OR
- Irish Driving Licence or Learner Permit (new credit card format) OR
- Birth Certificate with National Age Card issued by An Garda Siochána Photo ID OR
- Garda National Immigration Bureau (GNIB) card OR
- National Identity Card for EU / EEA / Swiss citizens OR
- Irish Public Services Card
If you are unable to come to the campus during opening hours please contact Registry at https://dcuregistry.desk.com/customer/portal/emails/new with your student ID number, programme of study and reason you are unable to attend for registration.
I haven't been able to register, why am I being charged €130 Late Registration Fee?
If you are unable to register you must submit a query by email with your ID number , programme and year of study outlining the issues you are experiencing and/or error messages immediately. If this query is not received before the last date for Registration the Late Registration fee will apply
All fees queries must go to the fees office (contact details above). Please see the fees office website here http://www.dcu.ie/finance/fees/payment.shtml for all other details.