Many students find that they are eligible for grants. If you think you are, you will find full details on the SUSI grant including eligibility criteria at the SUSI Website – a comprehensive source of information that provides you with a quick and user-friendly way to apply for your student grant. It is advisable to apply as early as possible and budget for the first few months at university, to avoid going into debt while you are waiting on your first payment.
See information on Budgeting – and financial survival at University 2022/2023 at the following link:
For information on Grants and Scholarships please see the following link:
For more information on Finance at University please see the following link:
DCU Student Support & Development Financial Administrator - Celine Geraghty
T: +353 1 700 6055
SUSI is now open to receive applications for the 2022/23 academic year and we look forward to working with you to ensure your students continue to receive SUSI’s high level of service. We would like to advise the following:
Changes to the Student Grant Scheme announced in Budget 2022
As part of Budget 2022, the following changes to the Student Grant Scheme for the 2022/23 academic year were announced:
- The annual maintenance grant will increase by €200.
- Income thresholds for all grant rates except the Special Rate will increase by €1,000.
- The qualifying distance for the non-adjacent rate of maintenance grant will reduce from 45km to 30km.
Key dates for SUSI applicants in 2022
- Priority closing date for renewal applications 9 June 2022
- Priority closing date for new applications 7 July 2022
Students can contact SUSI’s Support Desk directly via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), phone (0818 888 777) or social media.