The Careers Service
The Careers Service is available to all undergraduate and postgraduate DCU students. The team is committed to providing a wide variety of professional services to support you in making the career decisions that are best suited to your qualifications, interests, abilities and aspirations.
Our Careers Advisors work with students who have specific career goals and also with those who don’t. Our aim is to increase your competiveness in the job market and help yout to develop the employability skills you will need for your future career.
We do so by offering the following initiatives:
- Quick Query Clinics
- Skills Sessions on a range of topics including Interview Skills, Assessment Centres and Mock Interviews. Details are advertised on our Events page during semester.
- Workshops on SMART Job Search Strategies and Branding
- Integrated classroom work on such topics as Career Planning and Decision Making
- Jobs Board
- One-to-one career guidance
- Aptitude Tests / Psychometric Assessments
- A suite of Careers How To Guides on Loop
- Mentoring for second year students
- Careers Fairs
- Employer Networking Events
- Dedicated Springboard Careers Service