The Careers Service
The Careers Service is available to all undergraduate and postgraduate DCU students. The team is committed to providing a wide variety of professional services to support you in making the career decisions that are best suited to your qualifications, interests, abilities and aspirations. Our Careers Advisors work with you at various points in your student journey, whether you have no career plans at present, have some ideas on your career plan, or have specific career goals.
The Careers Service will continue to offer a full service to students and employers during the university closure period.
Successful global citizens, equipped with employability skills and career resilience to navigate the future world of work.
Empowering you to shape your future. We want to inspire you to realise your potential, discover your future options and take the action needed to help you succeed.
- Engage and inspire all students to develop lifelong, flexible and adaptable career management skills
- Be a leading partner in our talent development community
- Be recognised by students, faculty and employers as the ‘go-to’ centre of excellence in employability
We do so by offering the following initiatives:
- Quick Query & CV Clinics
- Skills Sessions on a range of topics including Interview Skills, Assessment Centres, Mock Interviews and the future of work. Details are advertised on our Events page during semester.
- Workshops on SMART Job Search Strategies and Branding
- Integrated classroom work on such topics as Career Planning, getting ready for the workplace, and career decision making
- Jobs Board
- One-to-one career guidance
- Aptitude Tests / Psychometric Assessments
- A suite of Careers How To Guides on Loop
- Mentoring for second year students
- Careers Fairs
- Employer Networking Events
- Employer panel and insider insight events
- Dedicated Springboard Careers Service
Careers Clinics Online
Do you have a quick career related question?
During the closure period, book to attend an online Careers Quick Query Clinic!
Full details available on our Events Page.
Careers Quick Query and CV Clinics take place during the summer months. These clinics are open to all current undergraduate and postgraduate students.
Please ensure that you have a good draft of your CV or other documentation (eg. Applications, Personal Statements etc.) available for review.