Registration 2020-2021 FAQs | Registry
September Intake Registration 2020 - 2021 FAQs
Please note: it is the students responsibility to ensure they are correctly registered for their Qualification AND Modules.
Further information and solutions to common issues are set out below:
- Useful Contacts
- How do I register online?
- Issues with online registration / Error messages
- Registration Schedule
- Confirmation of Module Choices
- Student ID Validation and DCU Student ID Card
- Late Registrations
- Student fees not appearing correctly
Section 1: Useful Contacts
Some useful contacts for various queries are listed below:
Student Support / Advice
Fees (Finance Office)
Non-EU Fee Assessments
ISS – Information Systems & Services
In order to ensure the highest level of performance when using the online registration option, the Information Systems and Services (ISS) Department recommend that you use the following configuration:
§ Broadband Internet connection
§ Web Browser – Microsoft Internet Explorer version 6.0 or higher
§ Windows 2000 operating system or a more recent version
§ Please also ensure that “Pop-Up’s” are not blocked by your web browser.
The Information Systems and Services Department (ISS) cannot guarantee that other browsers or connection speeds will deliver the level or service required to use the online registration option.
All new incoming students and continuing students must register online with their username and password for their programme of study and their modules via the following link - https://www4.dcu.ie/student-registration.shtml.
New students will find these login details in the welcome information sent by the Registry Office prior to online registration. If you have not received this by the first week in September please contact Registry. Continuing students will use the same login details from the previous academic year. If you cannot remember your login details, please contact the ISS Helpdesk at https://iss.servicedesk.dcu.ie/
For further information on the registration process, on the following webpage please click on the category of student relevant to you- http://www.dcu.ie/registry/registration.shtml
I'm having problems logging on to online registration what can I do?
Common solutions to online registration issues for students are:
- Username and password prompt doesn't appear. When logging in as a new student please ensure to use the correct link - https://www4.dcu.ie/student-registration.shtml
- Username not recognised: Please note the username and password are case sensitive (lower case) compiled of the first few characters of your surname and your first intial (eg. Irene O'Reilly = oreillyi) A common error is students with names beginning with 'i' entering the number '1'.
- Is there an error message displayed when you enter your username and password? If so please contact the ISS helpdesk at https://iss.servicedesk.dcu.ie/ with details of the error message.
- Is there an error message appearing when trying to login which refers to your Fees? If so please contact the Fees Office at email@example.com to pay your fees and get your record unblocked to allow you to register.
- Is there an error message displayed when you click 'I Accept' on the university rules and regulations. If so please contact the Registry at https://dcuregistry.force.com/Registryqueries/s/contactsupport with your student number and details of the error message.
- Is there a mismatch between the modules displayed on your Registration Schedule (Document with list of modules for your programme of study - see next section for details) and the 'Subject Selection' Registration page? If so please contact the Registry office with details of the error message.
- When you choose your modules and confirm your selection, is there an error displayed confirming you have not chosen enough credits. If so, please review your module choices against the 'Registration Schedule'. If you have chosen the correct number of modules and the error is still displaying please contact the Registry with details of the error message.
- Error message is displaying - 'No subjects are currently loaded for registration. Either you have completed your registration or no qualification registration has taken place'. You are most likely getting this error message as you did not click 'I accept' at the bottom of the Rules and Regulations screen. Please return to Step 5 of the process and click 'I Accept' before proceeding to the next step.
- I have transferred programme and some of the modules are not appearing on the online registration system. If you have already successfully completed modules in your previous programme, these will not display for you online and you may be entitled to exemptions. Please contact your Programme Chairperson to get confirmation of these exemptions and forward this by email to Registry to be registered for your new programme of study.
Section 4: What is a Registration Schedule?
On logging in with your username and password, you will initially be directed to a registration schedule (taught programmes only, research programmes not applicable) which is the list of modules available for your programme of study (qualification) for the academic year 2020/2021. Please read this carefully, making a note of any optional modules you wish to take (where a choice exists), then proceed to the online registration process.
Choosing Optional Modules:
Please check your registration schedule for your module choices before confirming your registration. Please follow the instructions of the registration schedule and ensure you register for the correct number of credits for each Semester.
Graduate Training Element Registration (Postgraduate Research students only)
Supervisor approval is mandatory in order to register for Graduate Training Elements. It is the responsibility of supervisors and research students to agree in advance of registration what Graduate Training Elements a research student can register for in any given year. Further information on Graduate Training is available from the Graduate Research website at http://www.dcu.ie/research/graduate_research/training.shtml.
Section 5: Confirmation of Module Choices
How do I know if I have registered correctly?
On Step 7 of the process, you can view your Confirmation of Module Choices. You will know you are correctly registered when you see your current academic year of study and your modules. If your modules are not displaying, then you have not clicked 'I Accept' at Step 5 of Rules and Regulations, so be sure to go back and do this.
How can I change my modules / correct my registration for optional modules?
Students can change their optional modules free of charge through the following link www.dcu.ie/studentapps under 'My Details' for all Semesters only from Monday 5th to Friday 9th October 2020.
I can't see my modules on Loop / Moodle. How can I fix this?
Check if you are registered correctly on Step 7 of the online registration process. You should raise the query with your lecturer to see if the module content is available.If your registration is not displaying correctly, please contact Registry to raise the question advising which modules are missing and including the module codes e.g. all, optional, BE151.
Section 6: ID Validation and DCU Student ID Card
When you have completed the registration process, including ** fee payment, you will receive an email to your DCU student email account advising how you can complete the ID validation process and how to receive a DCU student ID card.
These are the ONLY forms of identification accepted to obtain your student ID card –
- Current valid passport (from country of citizenship) OR
- Irish Driving Licence OR
- Irish Driving Licence Learner Permit (new credit card format) OR
- National Identity Card for EU / EEA / Swiss citizens
If you are unable to register online during the designated online registration periods listed on the following webpage http://www.dcu.ie/registry/registration.shtml , you must submit a query to Registry with your ID number , programme and year of study outlining the issues you are experiencing and/or error messages immediately. If this query is not received before the last date for Registration, the a Late Registration fee of €130 will apply.
Section 8: My fees aren't appearing as expected.
All fees queries must go to the fees office (contact details above). Please see the fees office website here http://www.dcu.ie/finance/fees/payment.shtml for all other details.