Sign-up to the Disability & Learning Support Service (DLSS)
Any students with disabilities wishing to avail of supports while studying at DCU must sign-up with the DLSS. It is recommended that students should sign-up with the DLSS as soon as they start their studies at DCU.
Students can also register with the DLSS if they receive a diagnosis during their studies.
Supports are available to all students with disabilities, regardless of how they have entered DCU - for example, if you did not enter DCU via the DARE Route you can still access the exact same support as all other students.
Students who enter DCU via the DARE Route must sign-up to the service.
Disability Officers are available on the Glasnevin Campus and St. Patrick's Campus.
How to Sign up with the DLSS:
- DARE entrants need to sign-up with the DLSS. We will contact you once CAO Offers have been made.
- If you did not come through the DARE Route and feel you are eligible, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an appointment with your Disability Officer, attaching the relevant evidence to support your diagnosis.
- When you attend your appointment with your Disability Officer a Needs Assessment will be completed to identify your reasonable accommodations.
- As part of your Needs Assessment you will be required to sign a Consent form.
- If you do not have the relevant evidence or if your evidence is out of date, please still contact the DLSS to discuss possible supports available through Student Support and Development. Further information regarding evidence required can be found on this document
After you Sign-up with the DLSS:
- You will receive confirmation that you are signed up with the DLSS.
- Your Disability Officer will enter your details into our secure database and refer you for academic supports if required.
- Registry will be informed of Exam Supports for end of semester exams if applicable. Students are responsible to inform lecturers if they require support for in-class tests.
- Students signed up with the DLSS will receive emails to inform them of supports and events available through the DLSS and SS&D.
- Students can contact their Disability Officer or email@example.com to review their supports or discuss any queries they may have at any stage during their studies.
Please contact us to make an appointment to sign-up with the DLSS.