What is our research about and why is it important?
For the first time in Ireland, we are attempting to understand what life is like for people with atypical sex characteristics - otherwise known as having a Variation(s) of Sex Characteristics (VSC) - intersex.
At the moment, there is not enough data about people’s lives to meaningfully engage in policy reform to ensure that their rights are upheld in all aspects of life and society. Our study seeks to change that by learning about what it means to be intersex/live with variation(s) sex characteristics in Ireland.
People who are Intersex/have VSC and non-intersex people are invited to participate in our research.
(1) If you are Intersex/have Variation(s) of Sex Characteristics, click here to learn how you can participate
(2) If you are not Intersex and are any of the following
- the Parent of an intersex child
- a Family Member/Partner of an intersex person
- a Medical or Allied Health Professional who has worked in the field
we would also be interested to hear from you. Click here to learn more.
Or contact us email@example.com with your queries.