Welcome to the DCU Sustainable Energy Community
Sustainability DCU, in partnership with the SEAI, is here to support you to make energy efficiency improvements to your home.
The DCU Sustainable Energy Community (SEC) facilitates a one-stop shop where you can find out about:
- types of upgrades you can make to your property
- different technologies and their suitability for your home energy needs
- available grants and how to apply
- additional funding options
- how to find an energy professional in your area.
Not sure where to start?
The first step is to assess your home’s energy efficiency – there are two ways of doing this.
- Borrow a Home Energy Savings Kit from DCU Sustainability – just ask us – or from your local library. These kits help you assess how you use energy and where you might be wasting it through poor ventilation or certain appliances, for example.
- Alternatively, engage a professional to carry out a home energy report on your dwelling.
Join the next DCU SEC meeting and learn how people at DCU have conducted home energy reports, supported by the DCU SEC