Learning Innovation Unit, Dublin City University
Excellence in Learning at DCU
Feeling swamped? Getting Organised
IntroductionAs a university student you will need to take responsibility for your own work and study. You will need to manage your time, set and meet objectives, solve problems and make decisions. Throughout your studies staying motivated will be vital. In Feeling swamped? Getting organised, units are presented to enable you to become an independent, self-directed learner.
- How well able are you to meet deadlines, set priorities, balance work and leisure and structure your week?
- Do you sometimes feel that there is no focus to your study-time or that it lacks structure?
- Do you often feel as though you are playing catch-up and struggling to meet deadlines? Do you generally feel snowed-under and not in control of your study and time?
- Do you find it difficult to follow through on goals you have set?
- Is it problematic for you to keep to your time schedule/planner?
- Do you find it hard to start assignments?
- Do you feel lethargic and unenthusiastic when you sit down to study?