Learning Innovation Unit, Dublin City University
Learning Innovation Unit
President's Awards for Excellence in Teaching 2008/2009
Deadline for nominations: 31st March 2009 at 5pm
Have you been inspired by the teaching practice and support of a DCU colleague?
The President's Awards for Excellence in Teaching recognise outstanding contributions to DCU's Teaching and Learning activities. If you are aware of a member of staff who has made a significant impact on student learning in DCU, this is your opportunity to highlight that contribution.
2007/8 President's Awards for Excellence in Teaching: Nominees and Winners
- There are two award categories: Academic Staff and Academic Support Staff.
- Staff nominated under the Academic staff category will be invited to augment their nomination(s) with a short supporting document.
- A nomination can be made for an individual member of staff or a team.
- An individual or team may be nominated more than once.
- Nominations can be made by an individual member of DCU staff, DCU students, DCU alumni, or any combination of these.
- Nominations will be considerably strengthened if they include student testimonials.
- Evaluations will be conducted by a panel comprised of a subgroup of the Learning Innovation Advisory Panel (LIAP) and an external evaluator from another third-level institution.
- Award recipients will receive a teaching enhancement grant, to be used to further enhance the winner’s teaching practice and/or student learning: Academic Staff - €8000, with an additional €2,500 award for First Time Lecturers/Tutors; Academic Support Staff - €2,500.
- Winners will also receive a commemorative piece of Tipperary Crystal and nominees will receive a commemorative piece of Newbridge Silver.
- Awards will be presented by the University President at the annual Teaching and Learning Day in May 2009.
How to nominate
- Complete the appropriate nomination form.