Learning Innovation Unit, Dublin City University
Learning Innovation Unit
President's Awards for Excellence in Teaching 2010/2011
Deadline for receipt of nominations: 15th April 2011 at 9am
Have you ever wanted to reward a DCU staff member who has impacted on you as a learner?
Have you been inspired by the teaching practice and support of a DCU colleague?
The President's Awards for Excellence in Teaching recognise outstanding contributions to DCU's Teaching and Learning activities (see What is Teaching Excellence?). If you are aware of a member of staff who has made a significant impact on student learning in DCU, this is your opportunity to highlight that contribution.
President's Award for Excellence in Teaching and Learning Award Winners 2010.
From left to right: Michael Breen, Dr Paul van Kampen, Professor Richard O’Kennedy, Professor Ferdinand von Prondzynski, Dr Brian Harney and Colette Lyng.
- Deadline for receipt of nominations: 15th April 2011 at 9am
- There are three award categories: Academic Staff, New Lecturers/Tutors (with less than 3 years teaching experience) and Academic Support Staff.
- Staff nominated under the Academic staff and New Lecturers?Tutors categories will be invited to augment their nomination(s) with a short supporting document (Deadline for submissions 9am on 25th April 2011).
- A nomination can be made for an individual member of staff or a team.
- An individual or team may be nominated more than once.
- Nominations can be made by an individual member of DCU staff, DCU students, DCU alumni, or any combination of these.
- Nominations will be considerably strengthened if they include student testimonials.
- Evaluations will be conducted by a panel comprised of a subgroup of the Learning Innovation Advisory Panel (LIAP) and an external evaluator from another third-level institution.
- Award recipients will receive a teaching enhancement grant, to be used to further enhance the winner’s teaching practice and/or student learning: Academic Staff - €8000, New Lecturers/Tutors - €2,500, Academic Support Staff - €2,500.
- Winners will also receive a commemorative piece of Tipperary Crystal and nominees will receive a commemorative piece of Newbridge Silver.
- Awards will be presented by the University President at the annual Teaching and Learning Day on 11th May 2011.
How to nominate
- Complete the appropriate nomination form.
- President's Award for Excellence in Teaching Homepage
- What is ‘Teaching Excellence’?
- Award Categories and Prizes
- How to nominate
- Evaluation Process and Evaluation Criteria
- Supporting Document
- Current Nominees
- Previous Winners