Ballymun Education Working Group
The Ballymun Education Working Group is a network made up of formal, informal and non- formal education providers in the area.
It is a forum to advocate for and influence policy related to education and social inclusion and to ensure sustainability of existing educational provision.
It is a platform for harnessing indigenous expertise to facilitate positive change.
- The group strives to have a clear and shared vision which is reflective of the current landscape and promotes quality provision.
- The group has a role in avoiding duplication of services and in identifying gaps in provision.
- It also identifies and promotes key education themes and actions.
- The group supports learners through providing access and progression routes.
- The group seeks to support and serve the needs of its members, their organisations and their target groups, with the learner being at the core of all actions.
- The group is a forum for education stakeholders to meet together to share information, highlight policy changes which may impact on its members and to debate and discuss important education issues and developments affecting the Ballymun area.
The following groups are represented on the BEWG:
- Aisling Transition Project;
- Ballymun Adult Read and Write Scheme - BARWS;
- Ballymun Anseo SCP;
- Ballymun Educational Support Team - BEST;
- Ballymun Initiative for Third-Level Education - BITE;
- Ballymun Job Centre;
- Ballymun Library
- Ballymun Local Drugs and Alcohol Task Force;
- Ballymun Principals’ Network;
- Ballymun Regional Youth Resource - BRYR;
- Ballymun Youthreach;
- City of Dublin Education Training Board;
- DCU Access Office;
- DCU Educational Disadvantage Centre, St Patrick’s Campus;
- DCU in the Community;
- Dublin North West Area Partnership;
- Jesuit University Support Training - JUST;
- Our Lady of Victories School;
- Trinity Comprehensive;
- Young Ballymun.
The EWG is chaired by Valerie McLoughlin, Administrator of the DCU Educational Disadvantage Centre, St Patrick's Campus
The Ballymun Book Exchange, an initiative of the BEWG, is held on the 1st Thursday of every month in the Civic Offices, Ballymun 9am - 1pm. Please come along and take/leave a book. There are hundreds of books to choose from and all are FREE!!!
For any information/questions about the Book Exchange Tel: 01 852 4536