DCU Learning Innovation Unit: Teaching Enhancement Cycle
Learning Innovation Unit
Teaching Enhancement Cycle
DCU Teaching Enhancement Cycle (TEC) is a self-directed, cyclical
process, supported by the Learning Innovation Unit (LIU), whereby DCU
staff can gather feedback on their own teaching practice in
order to self evaluate and move to positive, actionable change through
self reflective exercises, gathering of evidence and engaging with
teaching theory. The main objectives of the process are to:
- Assist academic staff in their professional development.
- Enhance the quality of teaching and student learning at DCU.
- Raise the profile of teaching activity.
- Inform requirements for staff development in teaching and learning.
- Provide evidence of the quality of teaching and of steps taken to improve the quality of teaching.