Learning Innovation Unit - Learning Innovation Inititatives - 2006 Call
Learning Innovation Unit
DCU Teaching & Learning Fund
President's Teaching & Learning Awards
Call for nominations
Closing: 16th April 2007
A specific allocation is made from the Teaching and Learning Fund each
year to support the President's Award For Excellence In Teaching And
Learning. This award recognises outstanding contributions to DCU's
Teaching and Learning mission on the part of members of staff.
For the academic year 2006/2007 a number of changes have been made to the process of nomination and selection of award recipients as follows:
- Nominations may be made for two separate categories of staff – Teaching and Non-Teaching, the latter to recognise the contributions made to teaching by staff who support, rather than directly deliver, teaching activities.
- Nominations must be made using the appropriate form, either the academic staff application form or the teaching support staff application form
- Nominations may be from students, colleagues or by oneself
- In order to progress nominations for teaching staff, nominees will be asked to support their nomination by a short (1 page) supporting portfolio using a template which will be supplied by the LIU.
- Evaluation of nominations for academic staff will be made on the basis of the nominations and the supporting portfolio.
- Evaluation of nominations for non-teaching staff will be made on the basis of nominations received only.
- Evaluations will be conducted by a subgroup of the LIAP and an external evaluator.