All-Ireland Hurling Final Brunch 2022
On Sunday, 17th July, we hosted the first All-Ireland Hurling Final Brunch on the DCU St Patrick’s Campus in Drumcondra - a stone's throw from where the clash of Limerick and Kilkenny would happen just a couple of hours later. The event celebrated the achievements and participation of 10 DCU graduates and students involved in the day’s final, representing Kilkenny. They included:
- James Bergin (BSc Physical Education with Maths, and Masters in Business Management)
- David Blanchfield (BA Joint Honours)
- Conor Delaney (BA Joint Honours)
- John Donnelly (Bachelor of Education)
- Richie Hogan (Bachelor of Education, and Masters in Business Management)
- Adrian Mullen (BA Accounting and Finance student)
- Darren Mullen (BSc Psychology, and Masters in Business Management)
- Colum Prendiville (Bachelor of Business Studies)
- Billy Ryan (BA Joint Honours)
The Kilkenny team was led by manager and two-time DCU alumnus, Brian Cody. On behalf of the DCU Alumni Office, we would like to congratulate Brian Cody on his recently announced retirement from the role, and wish him the best of luck in the future.
Our match panel was made up by Martin Fogarty, who was a part of the Kilkenny Management team from 2005-2013, Louise Byrne, who was a Performance Analyst with Kilkenny from 2014-2020, and 7-time All-Ireland Hurling winner with Kilkenny, Brian Hogan. Led by Director of Alumni Relations at DCU, Ross Munnelly, our panel talked through their involvement in intercounty hurling, the history of both teams, tactics and their all-important predictions for the final whistle.