Benefits & Services | Alumni
As a member of the DCU Alumni Community, you can avail of our wide ranging benefits programme. Please find further information below:
DCU is delighted to extend the Alumni Benefit Scheme exclusive to all DCU graduates and outgoing final year students from the university. It applies to students commencing the first year of a full time or part time taught Masters Programme for the 2021/22 academic year.
This is an exciting opportunity for our Alumni Community. It underlines our commitment to continuous learning and our ever increasing list of benefits for graduates of DCU.
For more information, click here.
As a graduate of DCU you can take part in one of three Mentorship programmes at the university. Depending on the programme you can participate as a Mentor or a Mentee on the following programmes:
- Structured Mentorship Programme
- Graduate to Graduate Law Mentorship programme
- Graduate to Postgraduate Mentorship programme (MSc in PR and Strategic Communications)
The benefits for graduate mentors include:
- Increase your employability skills by developing leadership and management experience
- Share your industry knowledge, increasing your own self confidence
- Platform for supporting the professional development of current students
- Re-energise your career motivation through reflection
- Enhance your listening skills
For more information on DCU Mentorship programmes, click here.
The DCU Alumni network accounts for approximately 80,000 graduates worldwide, located in all corners of the globe. We provide opportunities for our graduates to engage with the university from countries all around the world through our International Chapters.
In recent times we have facilitated Alumni events in the following cities:
- New York
- San Francisco
To enquire about upcoming International Chapters or for advice on establishing a chapter please email: email@example.com
Subscribe to receive a complimentary copy of your Alumni Magazine, DCU ‘VOICES’, available in digital or print. The magazine will help you to keep up-to-date with alumni successes, developments in DCU, alumni events and much more. Click here to view the Summer 2020 edition.
Graduates can avail of our monthly alumni newsletter, if you wish to subscribe to the monthly alumni ezine, please update your contact details here.
Our newsletter aims to give our alumni an update of events taking place across all of our campuses as well as the general development of our university and achievements of fellow alumni. The alumni newsletter is a great way to stay in tune with DCU and your fellow graduates.
The Alumni Relations Office are on hand to support and facilitate class reunions. With 80,000 graduates and counting, we want to help you stay connected and engaged with your fellow alumni and former classmates. Our events team can help connect you with your former classmates, booking venues, develop marketing materials and promoting your event across our social media channels. In most cases we can subsidise the cost of the event.
For more information click here.
It is our primary objective as a university to help our students and graduates to achieve their full employment potential and to prepare them for a professional career. We work closely with the Careers Service (link ‘careers service’ to http://www.dcu.ie/students/careers/index.shtml) to assist recent graduates (up to two years after graduation) in a wide variety of ways to ensure a smooth transition from university to the world of work or further study. The DCU Careers Service is located on both DCU Glasnevin and DCU St Patrick's Campuses.
To book an appointment or for further information email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01 700 5163.
DCU Sport currently offers reduced membership rates for DCU graduates:
For every year a graduate was a student member of the DCU gym, they can avail of the same time as a graduate member still paying the student rate of €288.
"When I graduated from DCU, I didn’t see myself going back to the gym. After trying out two new gyms in the city centre neither had what DCU had to offer and before I knew it, I had renewed my Alumni membership for the third time. Throughout the years I’ve seen how much time and effort the staff put into assessing their members needs and take their feedback on board. Not only have they added new a style of classes (which I continuously go to), they have also upgraded the equipment available. Now with the new Alumni rate, it is amazing to see that they appreciate the loyalty of DCU Alumni!" - Clare Duffy, DCU graduate
Otherwise, the following rates for DCU graduates applies:
Couple/Family €840 (T&C's apply)
To apply for this membership rate contact send query here. We are also offering members 1 FREE personal training session. Alumni membership includes access to our pool, spa facilities, fitness centre, group fitness classes, and squash.
For further information, visit the DCU Sport website.
To help DCU alumni stay in touch, graduates will retain their email address and all emails within their account, as well as their contacts and documents that are stored within Google Apps i.e. in Google Drive.
To access your account enter your DCU email address into the username field here and then input your DCU loop username and password and login.
You can change your password here.
To retrieve a forgotten password or username contact ISS: 01-7005007
Please note that they may require the following information for verification:
Name, Email address, Year of Graduation, Date of Birth, Contact telephone
Our graduates can access events tickets and merchandise through our new Alumni shop.
To take a look at our full range, go to our website.
Many of our graduates believe the pinnacle of their time in DCU was that spent with their clubs or societies.
Our Alumni can renew membership, to your old clubs and/or societies, or even join one of our 140 clubs and societies for the first time as a DCU graduate.
To get involved with some of our clubs and societies contact the office at email@example.com or 017008436.
As a graduate of DCU we welcome you to visit any of our campuses and enjoy the facilities. When returning to campus, you can enjoy the diverse range of cafés and restaurants on all of our campuses.
Some of our facilities include:
- Restaurants and Coffee docks on all campuses
- The Helix
- Campus print
- Book shop
- Glasnevin campus crèche
- Sports Centre
- Interfaith Centre and Churches
- Albert College park
Graduates of DCU are welcome to apply for Alumni Access Membership to DCU Library.
Alumni access membership of the library will apply to all three Library spaces during advertised opening hours.
Membership is for personal private research only and is not to be used for commercial or professional purposes.
To avail of access please complete the online Alumni Membership Application form and submit.
- Please be advised that the application process may take up to 5 working days to complete.
- Following approval, you will receive an approval email from the Issue Desk of the library you have chosen to collect your membership card from.
- Applicants must bring a form of photographic ID with them to collect their membership card.
Free Membership allows access to all DCU Libraries:
- Cregan Library - St.Patrick’s Campus
- O’Reilly Library - Glasnevin Campus
- Woodlock Hall Library - All Hallows Campus
- Unrestricted access to open print collections, staffed service desks and individual study spaces.
- Power points are available throughout library spaces for laptop use.
- Guest Wi-Fi access is also supported throughout library spaces.
- New Library Search interface recently launched for dynamic and flexible exploration of our print collections
Please note the following:
- Due to increased DCU cybersecurity measures, access to the library’s electronic resources including eBooks, databases and e-journals is not available to alumni members.
- All open access library materials are for library consultation only. No borrowing is available with Access membership at this time.
- Materials from the closed access collections are not available for consultation.
- IT facilities (PC/laptop use, printing, photocopying etc) is not available to Alumni members at this time.
- Group Study Room booking is also not available to Alumni members.
- Opening times vary throughout the year and during the summer. Visit the library website dcu.ie/library for current opening times.
ISS have recently introduced a guest printing feature on SafeQ, so alumni can now use the printers in either library for printing, scanning and photocopying.
*PLEASE NOTE: This service has been temporarily suspended due to Covid-19 and subsequent government protocols. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and hope to restore this Alumni benefit in the near future*
DCU are at the forefront of social technologies and our alumni can benefit greatly from this. You have access to social media pages across several platforms to keep in touch with us and fellow alumni. To access any of these pages simply click on the preferred social media icon and it will bring you there.
DCU offers a guest wireless service for short term access to the internet for accessing email and other internet-enabled services from their personal laptops, netbooks, tablets and smartphones during their visit to DCU campuses. See here.
We also offer an Eduroam service for internet access through your email for life for ongoing use of wifi on all of our campuses.
Alumni can avail of a replacement parchment and transcript service after they have graduated.
To obtain a replacement parchment visit the Parchments page on the Registry website for more information.
To obtain a replacement copy of your exam transcripts or to get a certificate of attendance letter contact Registry for more information.