Alumni FAQ | Alumni
Frequently Asked Questions
The DCU Alumni Office helps graduates keep in touch with each other and with DCU. The Alumni Office is committed to giving graduates like you an opportunity to learn, share and collaberate as well as providing you with professional and social networks.
As an alumnus of DCU, you are part of a body of over 80,000 graduates who are valuable members of the DCU community regardless of their year of graduation. As a student, you helped shape DCU as a leading Irish university that represents excellence, vibrancy, learning and knowledge. As a graduate, you take this with you on your chosen path.
- How do I become a member of DCU Alumni?
- How many graduates of DCU?
- Why should I become involved with DCU Alumni?
- Who do I inform if I change address or employment details?
- Where do I log into my DCU email?
- How do I reset my email password?
- Can I avail of Careers support as a graduate?
- How do I obtain a replacement copy of my exam transcripts or get a certificate of attendance letter?
Upon graduation, you automatically become a member of the Alumni community. Your contact details including postal address are passed on to the Alumni Office. We hold these details on file in order to provide you programmes and services, to enable us to keep in touch with you and help you keep in touch with fellow classmates. You can opt-out of Alumni programmes at any time. While there is no registration form, it helps the Alumni Office if you update your details by completing the graduate update form.
Currently there are over 80,000 graduates. Other interesting statistics about the DCU Alumni population include:
- Average of 2,500 new graduates each year
- Average age profile ranges from 21 to 45
- 21-24 years = 15%
- 25-34 years = 48%
- 35-44 years = 28%
- 45 plus = 9%
- Ratio of male:female is 52:48
- Predominantly Ireland-based with a high concentration in the UK and North America
- Consistently sought after by employers - employed by public and private sector as well as national and international corporations
- Many are in leading positions across industries
- A high proportion of graduates have set up their own companies and entrepreneurism features strongly in a number of our cross-disciplinary degree programmes
Not only does the Alumni offer tangible services and programmes that graduates benefit from but also the chance to maintain contact with former classmates and make new contacts. Current initiatives include: Email bulletin:once a month an e-zine is sent to graduates. Contents include events and conference guide, Alumni and DCU news, and career opportunities. It is a free service and graduates are encouraged to subscribe to the list via our Keep in Touch webform.
Lifelong Email: Graduates from 2001 onwards are eligible to keep their DCU email address. They received this address at registration and it is not revoked upon leaving DCU. This is another great way of maintaining contact with fellow classmates.
Incentive schemes include:
Events: We organise a series of events both social and educational that will increase networking levels amongst graduates. Events include breakfast briefings which keep graduates up to date with current marketplace happenings as well as class reunions and the annual golf classic.
Class Reunions: The Alumni Office can help arrange and publicise class reunions.
Who do I inform if I change address or employment details?
Where do I log into my DCU email account?
Click here to log into your account.
How do I reset my email password?
If you have forgotten your DCU email password, please contact the Alumni Office on 01 700 8689 or by email at email@example.com. Please note that we will require the following information for verification:
- Email address
- Year of Graduation
- Date of Birth
- Contact telephone number
Can I avail of Careers support as a graduate?
The Careers Service works with recent alumni (up to two years after graduation) in a wide variety of ways to ensure a smooth transition from university to the world of work or further study. DCU Careers Service is located in CG26 in the Henry Grattan Building. To book an appointment or for further information email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01 700 5163.
How do I obtain a replacement copy of my exam transcripts or get a certificate of attendance letter?
If you would like a copy of your transcripts or a certificate of attendance, contact the Registry at 353 (1) 700 5338. Click here for further information.