Learning Innovation Unit, Dublin City University
Learning Innovation Unit
The LIU promotes and supports innovative use of a range of learning technologies in support of teaching and learning including Moodle, DCU's Virtual Learning Environment, The Mahara e-portfolio system, Podcasting and Camtasia. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details on learning technologies at DCU.
Training and support
Current offerings include:
- Getting Started with Learning Technologies (.pdf format)
- Using Moodle's Communications Tools (.pdf format)
- Moodle for Groupwork (.pdf format)
- E-assessment with Moodle (.pdf format)
- Using Moodle quizzes (.pdf format)
- Podcasting for Learning (.pdf format)
- Creating Educational Resources using Camtasia (.pdf format)
- E-learning Accessibility (.pdf format)
- Peer assessment with Moodle workshops
- DCU participate in the National Digital Learning Repository (NDLR) project. This initiative aims to build a shared repository of electronic learning resources contributed by and available to all academic staff in the Irish Higher Education Sector. See http://ndlr.ie for further information..
- The Teaching Undergraduate Programming Using Learning Objects (TUPULO) project examined the challenges faced by learners of software development at introductory level on a cross-institutional basis.