Learning Innovation Unit, Dublin City University
Learning Innovation Unit
President's Awards for Excellence in Teaching: Award Categories and prizes
- This category recognises contributions by staff directly involved in teaching for three years or more. Staff nominated under this category will be invited to support their nomination(s) with a short supporting document.
- This category recognizes New Lecturers/Tutors with fewer than 3 years teaching experience. Those nominated in this category not required to submit a supporting document.
Academic Support Staff
- This category recognises contributions by staff responsible for supporting student learning (as opposed to those with a direct teaching role).
- Examples include, but are not limited to, technical staff and members of Library, Registry, Information Support Services (ISS) etc.
A teaching enhancement grant of €8,000 shall be awarded in the Academic Staff category with an additional €2,500 award for First Time Lecturers/Tutors. The Academic Support Staff prize is for €2,500. Winners may use this money to further enhance their teaching practice/student learning (for example to facilitate conference participation or to purchase materials or equipment relating to teaching development). Winners will also receive a commemorative piece of Tipperary Crystal and all nominees will receive a commemorative piece of Newbridge Silverware.
- President's Award for Excellence in Teaching Homepage
- What is ‘Teaching Excellence’?
- Award Categories and Prizes
- How to nominate
- Evaluation Process and Evaluation Criteria
- Supporting Document
- Current Nominees
- Previous Winners