Mission & Aims
What We Do
The TEU is DCU’s centre for Teaching and Learning. We provide research-informed leadership in Teaching and Learning guided by DCU’s Strategic Plan and responsive to developments in contemporary higher education.
To foster excellence in practice through leadership in teaching, the provision of professional development opportunities for staff, and the scholarship of teaching and learning.
The TEU aims to:
- Foster a dynamic community of practice around issues of teaching and learning and technology enhanced learning among our colleagues across the university and its various partners.
- Undertake research in the areas of teaching and learning and technology enhanced learning that can inform best practice among academic staff and the wider higher education community.
- Promote and recognise excellence and innovation in teaching and learning.
- Enhance the student experience by providing flexible opportunities for continuous professional development for academic staff.
- Contribute to on-going development of relevant policy and strategy at the institutional, regional, and national level in issues relating to teaching and learning and technology enhanced learning.
- Facilitate sustainable change and innovative teaching and learning developments in partnership with academic staff and academic programme teams.