Borrow, Return & Renew
How to Borrow
You can request a book from either library and collect it from the library of your choice through the Click + Collect service
Books on loan and books on the shelf can be requested. You can request up to ten books at a time with this service.
All loans borrowed via Click + Collect will be issued for 3 weeks.
No fines are applying at this time
Tip: Always check your online ‘My Library Account’ for the due date of each item on loan.
- Undergraduates can borrow up to 14 items
- Bachelor of Education (B Ed) students can borrow up to 20 items
- Postgraduates and Staff may borrow up to 20 items
To avoid borrowing restrictions, all items must be returned to either library site on or before the due date.
Remember: It is the responsibility of the borrower to be aware of the due date for material and to return material on time regardless of any reminders
Return your items to the Book Bin located at both Libraries. Book bins can receive material from both libraries.
NB: In compliance with Covid safety guidelines, all items returned will be quarantined for 72 hours
O’Reilly Library, Glasnevin Campus
Located on the outside wall, to the left of the revolving door
Cregan Library, St. Patrick's Campus
Monday - Friday from 9am - 5pm
Located inside the Foyer on the ground floor
Not able to make it to campus in time to return your books?
Please return any loan(s) via registered post to its home library. Borrowers are deemed responsible for library items until received back by library staff and removed from the borrowers account:
DCU Glasnevin Campus,
DCU St. Patrick's Campus,
Remember: You will not be able to request more books or renew current loans if you have an overdue item on your account!
How to Renew
Not finished with a book by its due date? No problem!
It’s easy to go online and renew your loan.
- Click on My Library Account
- Enter your student/staff number and Library PIN.
- Click on the Renew button beside the book(s) you wish to hold on to
- Books can be renewed a maximum of 3 times before they must be returned
- Contact email@example.com if you do not know your library PIN.
Remember: books that have been reserved by another borrower cannot be renewed
Tip: We will send you a reminder the day before the due date (to your DCU email account) to indicate a book you have on loan is due for return.
My Library Account is an online facility which allows you to view your library account.
You need your 8 digit student number and your Library PIN to access your account.
- Loans - you can view your loans and check their due dates
- Renewals - you can renew your loans where this is allowed.
- Reservations - check what reservation(s) you have currently requested. You will also have an option to cancel these if necessary.
- Fines - view any outstanding charges on your account. You can pay any fines over €5 online
- Settings - you can change your PIN