Theses & Dissertations
DCU Research Theses (Research Masters and PhD)
The Library receives print and electronic copies of all DCU Research Masters and PhD theses. Theses from 1985 are available in full online via DORAS, DCU's Open Access Institutional Repository.
DCU Taught Postgraduate Dissertations
The library receives print copies of taught postgraduate dissertations and are listed on the Library Catalogue..
A selection of 2020 dissertations from taught postgraduate courses are now available online as Ebooks and can be requested to view. These are available via the library catalogue.
How do I search for 2020 online dissertations?
- Search the Library Catalogue.
- click on Advanced Search
- enter your search term in the all of these words search box
- select theses from the collections drop-down box. (this will limit your search to theses and dissertations)
- click Search
- Refine your search by Year Published and choose 2020 (for online theses/dissertations)
- Click on title and click on Access this title online here and you will receive a pdf of dissertation
To search for dissertations from a particular taught masters programme:
- simply type the full course name (e.g. MSc in Human Resource Management) in the all of these words search box
- select theses from the collections drop-down box.
- Index to Theses (Ireland) - a subset of the Index to theses database limited to theses from Irish universities. It provides access to abstracts of research masters and PhD theses only.
- Search Irish universities' and institutes of education's library catalogues, link here to catalogues of other libraries.
- RIAN: limited full-text access to research theses from seven Irish universities and DIT.
- Index to Theses (UK): theses from UK and Ireland universities. Does not include full-text.
- EThOS: the British Library's electronic thesis online service offers access to theses from participating institutions. Digitised full-text theses are freely available but registration is needed. If you find theses that have not yet been digitised you can request it for a fee.
- DART-Europe E-theses Portal: 1000s of full-text theses from selected British universities.
Australia and New Zealand
- Theses Canada Portal: abstracts for theses and dissertations. Includes limited access to full-text for more recent theses.
United States of America
- Dissertation Abstracts: abstracts only for over 2 million doctoral dissertations and master's theses from 1861 to date. Full-text may be purchased for a fee.
- DART-Europe E-theses Portal: over 400,000 full-text theses in English and other languages from participating universities in 27 European countries.
- SUDOC: bibliographic information on dissertations/theses produced inn French academic libraries. Use simple or extended search and limit by "dissertation note"
- Dissonline: full-text access to doctoral and professorial dissertations organised by the German National Library
- Tesis doctorales: information on doctoral theses. Some full-text access. Catalogue also available through the Catalogo general page. Database maintained by Biblioteca Virtual Miguel de Cervantes
- Teseo: information on doctoral theses. Database maintained by the Spanish Ministry of Education and Science
- Database of African Theses and Dissertations (DATAD): access to brief citations only
- WorldCat searches the catalogues of more than 10,000 libraries worldwide. To search for theses only go to Advanced Search and select Thesis/Dissertations from the Content drop-down box.
- Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations (NDLTD): union catalogue of member institutions (mostly from US, but some from the rest of the Americas and Europe). Some full-text access.