The library is piloting a new online reading list service during Semester Two, 2022/2023. This new service, which we’ve called MyReadingList will enable teaching staff to easily create and maintain online module reading lists in Loop. It will provide students with direct access to reading list material via their module pages. MyReadingList links directly to all library resources, print and online.
|Benefits to Students||Benefits to Staff|
• Students access their module reading lists via their module pages
• Direct access to library ebooks and online journal articles or links to records for print resources
• Allows for a more consistent
• Students can create their own ‘my collection’, share comments and recommendations with students and lecturers
• Saves time - once created, online reading lists can be saved, reused and easily updated
• Lists can be structured as required and notes added e.g. key chapters in a book
• Easily add library material to lists via Library Search (no need to manually add links); add web content too
• Streamlines the library book ordering process and requests for copyright approved chapter scans
Let us create your online reading list for you!
The Library team will create your semester two online reading list for you as part of the pilot rollout. All you have to do is send your reading list to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- Instructor name(s) and school
- Module name and code
- Number of students taking the module
- Indicate which items are essential or supplementary reading