Library Membership & Access
All current registered DCU students automatically have full membership to DCU Libraries;
- O'Reilly Library, Glasnevin Campus
- Cregan Library, St. Patrick's Campus
- Woodlock Hall Library, All Hallows Campus.
You need your DCU ID card to enter and leave all libraries.
All current DCU staff automatically have full membership to DCU Library, O'Reilly Library, Glasnevin Campus; Cregan Library, St. Patrick's Campus and Woodlock Hall Library, All Hallows Campus.
However, you must be registered on the Library system to activate your ID card.
Please email the following information to the emails below:
- Staff Name
- Staff Number
- DCU email
- DCU Postal Address
- Permanent or Temporary Staff Member (if temporary, include contract expiry date)
Please email the library on the campus you are based:
- O'Reilly Library, Glasnevin Campus. email@example.com
- Cregan Library, St Patrick's Campus. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Woodlock Hall Library, All Hallows Campus: email@example.com
Graduates of DCU are welcome to apply for Alumni Access Membership to DCU Library.
Alumni access membership of the library will apply to all three Library spaces during advertised opening hours.
Membership is for personal private research only and is not to be used for commercial or professional purposes.
Complete the online Alumni Membership Application form and submit.
- Please be advised that the application process may take up to 5 working days to complete.
- Following approval, you will receive an approval email from the Issue Desk of the library you have chosen to collect your membership card from.
- Applicants must bring a form of photographic ID with them to collect their membership card.
We are pleased to offer Alumni Access Membership until 31st August 2022
Please Note: failure to complete all sections of the application form as required may result in a delay in the application process.
Free Membership allows access to all DCU Libraries:
- Cregan Library - St.Patrick’s Campus
- O’Reilly Library - Glasnevin Campus
- Woodlock Hall Library - All Hallows Campus
- Unrestricted access to open print collections, staffed service desks and individual study spaces.
- Power points are available throughout library spaces for laptop use.
- Guest Wi-Fi access is also supported throughout library spaces.
- Brand new Library Search interface recently launched for dynamic and flexible exploration of our print collections
Please note the following:
- Due to increased DCU cybersecurity measures, access to the library’s electronic resources including eBooks, databases, e-journals is not available at this time.
- All open access library materials are for library consultation only. No borrowing is permitted with Access membership.
- Materials from the closed access collections are not available for consultation.
- No access to library PCs.
- No printing, photocopying or scanning services are available to Alumni members.
- Group Study Room booking is also not available to Alumni members.
- Opening times vary throughout the year and during the summer. Visit the library website dcu.ie/library for current opening times.
ALCID is a co-operative access scheme agreed between Irish academic libraries.
DCU Library is a member of the ALCID scheme.
The scheme supports the research needs of academic staff and postgraduate students by allowing access to the study spaces and print collections of participating libraries, on production of an ALCID research card and University ID.
More information and application form on the ALCID Access Scheme webpage
Access for undergraduate students from other Irish educational institutions is not available at this time. We are also not in a position to grant access to library spaces to members of the public.
For membership questions contact the Issue Desk: