Teaching Excellence Awards
DCU recognises outstanding teachers and those who support teaching each year through the annual President's Awards for Excellence in Teaching.
President's Awards 2023
- Are you a current or former DCU student who would like to recognise someone who has significantly impacted you through their teaching during your time at DCU?
- Are you a staff member who would like to see a colleague's outstanding contribution to teaching and learning in DCU recognised and rewarded?
- Would you like to nominate someone for their outstanding contribution to teaching, learning and assessment at DCU?
The President's Awards for Excellence in Teaching recognises outstanding contributions to DCU's teaching and learning environment. At DCU, teaching matters! We take great pride each year in celebrating the quality of our teachers and those who help to support teaching and learning.
Deadline for receipt of nominations
The deadline for nominations for this year's President's Awards for Excellence in Teaching is Monday, May 1st, 2023.
The awards are considered under four categories: Teaching Support, New Lecturer/Tutor, Team Teaching Award, and Overall Academic award. Click on this link to learn about how Teaching Excellence is defined for the purpose of these awards.
Previous Award Winners - 2022
Who is eligible for the award?
All DCU staff members who are involved in teaching or teaching support in DCU may be nominated. Nominations may be made for individuals, groups or teams. Nominations can be made under one of the four following categories:
- Academic Support (anyone who makes a contribution to teaching - these may include, but are not limited to, lab technicians, demonstrators, librarians, etc);
- New Lecturer/Tutor (any person with teaching experience of three years or less);
- Team Teaching Award (core staff teams that provide an exceptional, innovative or transformational contribution to the student experience in either an academic or teaching support category);
- Academic (any person who has taught in DCU for more than three years).
Previous award winners are not eligible to be considered for another award for three years after receiving their award. Please check previous award winners before nominating, as nominations will not be considered if inside this timeframe. If you wish to recognise those providing administrative support outside of teaching, it is preferable to do so through the Human Resources Award and Recognition System for Administrative, Support and Technical Staff. Those nominated in the New Lecturer/Tutor, Team, and Academic categories will be asked to complete a Google Form to supply information for the evaluation panel (there is no need for nominees to complete a full portfolio as in previous years).