The Library provides access to a vast range of national and international newspapers. Many are available online via our subscription databases.
Online Newspaper Collection
We have a number of full-text databases where you can search for newspaper articles from Irish and international newspapers.
- The Irish Times - you can access the most recent content of the Irish Times Online or through NexisUK
- Irish Times Digital Archive - provides access to the archive of the Irish Times covering the period 1859 to 2018. Select Publications on top menu and then Search.
- Irish Newspaper Archive - this database comprises digital image copies of a large number of Irish national and regional newspapers from as early as 1763.
- Newspapers.com Library Edition provides online access to 17,000+ historical newspapers (early 1700s - 2000s). It includes access to full-runs and portions of runs of well-known, regional, and state titles to small, local newspapers in the United States and other countries.
- NexisUK - this database covers 43 Irish newspapers and many European and international news sources in French, German, Spanish and Italian. Click here for a short tutorial and guide.
- The Radical Newspaper Archive provides access to a special collection of 116 Irish radical and political newspapers, journals, pamphlets, and bulletins from the early twentieth century. The archive includes Irish, Northern Irish, and Irish American titles as well as many bilingual titles.
Print Newspaper Collection
O'Reilly Library holds daily copies of the Irish Times, Irish Independent and Irish Examiner, the Daily Star, the Irish Sunday papers for up to 3 months.
We also hold a number of UK and international titles for example: Le Monde, El Pais, Die Zeit, The Guardian, and the Financial Times, with some online availability as well.
Check Library Search for details.